Entering into the Hometown Media Awards
It is strongly recommended you read through the award categories and read (and follow) the rules before submitting a program.
A new entry and judging platform was used starting in 2019 for the Hometown Media Awards. Because of this change, entrants will be required to pay for their entries when they are submitted. Please plan accordingly and be prepared to use a credit or debit card or PayPal upon entering submissions. Visit the Payments & Fees page for further details on payment information.
Eligible Entries – Programs entered must have had their first telecast on a local cable access channel on their initial stream/web distribution on or between January 1 and December 31, 2020.
How to Create a Project on FilmFreeway
- First, you’ll need to create a project by going to My Projects > Add a Project.
- Under Project Type, select ‘Film / Video’ and proceed with entering your film details.
- After saving your new project, you will be redirected to your project page where you can either upload your film by selecting ‘Choose File’, or you can save an existing link from Vimeo or Youtube.
How to Submit your entries on FilmFreeway
- Click the link below and then click the green “Submit Now” button on the festival’s listing page.
- Select your project.
- Click the checkmark box located to the right of the entry fee related to your desired category of entry.
*IMPORTANT* Be sure all information entered into question fields 4-6 is accurate and reflects how it should be printed on the plaque.
It is CRITICAL that all contact information is correct so F/ACM is able to contact you with questions.
- Click “Add to Cart & Checkout”.
- Scroll down to the payment section and enter your preferred payment method to pay the required entry fee.
- Click “Pay and Complete Submission”.
January 5 – Entries Open
March 8 – Entries Deadline
*IMPORTANT: Please do not wait until the last minute! Make your submission early to ensure all information can be collected, and questions can be addressed prior to the deadline.