POST-DOCTORAL FELLOW IN COMMUNITY MEDIA
The Harrington School of Communication and Media at the University of Rhode Island is seeking a Post-Doctoral Fellow with expertise in Latin American or Caribbean community media. The appointment is for the academic year, 2012-2013. The Fellow will be given an opportunity to pursue his/her scholarly, creative or service interests. The sponsoring department will provide mentoring, developmental opportunities, presentation opportunities, teaching assistance, opportunities to engage in department governance issues, etc. Subject to a favorable review of both teaching and scholarly productivity, the Fellow may be provided with an opportunity to transition into a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in the department.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Work to expand the visibility and importance of the School’s expertise in global and intercultural communication through a combination of teaching, research and service.
- Teach one course per semester in a sponsoring department of the Harrington School of Communication and Media.
- Promote diversity through supporting the growth of community media.
- Explore alternative, oppositional, participatory and collaborative media practices.
- Assist in the development of community outreach initiatives to connect faculty and students in the Harrington School to local Hispanic and Caribbean groups and organizations in the State of Rhode Island and, in the process, advance issues of diversity in research and teaching.
Click here for more information.