Open Position: Executive Director
The Executive Director of Dayton Access Television (DATV) reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for leadership of the nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. The Executive Director’s responsibilities include strategic planning, economic development, community outreach, grant and contract management, financial oversight, communications, and staff administration.
Candidates must possess proven nonprofit, educational or government leadership skills and a track record of effective organizational development. Additionally, the candidate should exhibit the ability to build and maintain collaborative business and community relationships to further the strategic goals of the organization. Key activities will include actively organizing and/or participating in local and regional events including fund raising and speaking engagements within the media and other community forums.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops a strategic plan and leads economic development efforts that ensure the long-term financial stability of the organization.
- Identifies and fosters strategic relationships with external organizations (including individuals, businesses, educational institutions, and non-profits) that strengthens DATV’s standing in the community, increases exposure, and maximizes our value within the region.
- Initiates and strengthens ongoing discussions with relevant city and county leaders, to assure the interests of DATV are being addressed and that DATV services are understood as having a tremendous value in the Dayton Region.
- Monitors telecommunications policy changes and legislation at a local, state, regional and national level as it affects PEG access.
- Provides reports with administrative, policy/procedural, and technical knowledge to assist the Board’s decision-making process, and implement directives of the Board.
- Manages DATV’s legal affairs, secures legal assistance when needed, and ensures compliance with the law.
- Oversees human-resources responsibilities including the hiring and management of staff to ensure the needs of the organization are being efficiently met.
Bachelor’s Degree with a combination of experience in grant writing and local community
services for a nonprofit, non-governmental organization or educational environment is
required. Experience in television production and programming is a plus. A Master’s
degree in Public Administration specializing in nonprofit organizations is preferred. A
background check and valid Ohio driver’s license is required.
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the
requisite knowledge and skills for the position will be considered.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary ranges from $65,000 to $80,000 depending upon qualifications and experience. A competitive benefits package is also provided. Reimbursement of reasonable moving expenses may be provided for an out-of-state hire.
APPLICATIONS AND INQUIRIES
Applicants should submit: (1) A letter of introduction describing their experience and skill match for the position; (2) A current resume or vita; and (3) three professional references with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
Please send application in a single PDF document to Marlese.Durr@_Wright.Edu with each document labeled appropriately. In the subject line of your email submission, write
Executive Director Job Application. Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis
until November 15, 2017. No phone calls, please.
Dayton Access Television is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.