Open Position: Associate Producer
Title: Associate Producer
Program: BRIC TV
Supervisor: Editorial Director, Public Affairs Programming
Exempt/Non Exempt: Non Exempt
BRIC is the leading presenter of free cultural programming in Brooklyn, and one of the largest in New York City. We present and incubate work by artists and media-makers who reflect the diversity that surrounds us. Some of BRIC’s most acclaimed programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival in Prospect Park; path-breaking media initiatives, including the newly-renamed BRIC TV; and a renowned contemporary art exhibition series. BRIC also offers education and other vital programs at our main venue, BRIC Arts | Media House, and throughout Brooklyn. BRIC programs reach hundreds of thousands of people each year.
BRIC TV is Brooklyn’s own non-profit cable channel and digital network. From its state-of-the-art, glass-walled studio at BRIC House in Downtown Brooklyn, BRIC TV delivers a bold lineup of documentary series, hyper-local news, politics, music, comedy, scripted series and more. We are community television with an edge; a megaphone for the under-represented; and a patron of the independent arts. BRIC TV is Brooklyn without boundaries.
Purpose of Position:
The Associate Producer works as part of the BRIC TV production team, assisting with research, segment production, booking, and post production.
• Pitch and produce segments on issues (both studio and field) for and about Brooklyn: arrange interviews, obtain site access, oversee scheduling
• Assist in production of quarterly town hall events: Book guests, produce & edit video segments, support event production
• Edit segments, including addition of titles, tags, bumpers and photos
• Distribute segments on line, upload to asset management and tv playback systems
• Assist with daily live show production: write and edit scripts, prepare photos, b-roll and power point presentations, work as part of a team in control booth, occasionally operate camera
• Produce civic and cultural specials, both in the field and in the studio
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications/TV Production or a related field
• At least 3 years related experience, including production and camera operation; experience with studio and live production a plus;
• Strong skills with Adobe Creative Suite, including Adobe Premiere Pro.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively in a team.
Salary and Schedule
Full-time position with full benefits program. Some night and weekend work is required. Annual salary is 35,805. This is a full-time union position under a collective bargaining agreement with NABET.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with subject line: Associate Producer. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.