POSITION AVAILABLE: Partnerships Manager
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Title: Partnerships Manager
Program: Community Media
Supervisor: Associate Director, Partnerships
Exempt/Non Exempt: Exempt
BRIC is an arts and media non-profit that presents performing arts, contemporary art, and community media programs that are reflective of Brooklyn’s creativity and diversity. BRIC also provides resources to launch, nurture and showcase artists and media makers. We advance access to and understanding of arts and media by presenting free and low-cost programming, and by offering education and other public programs to people of all ages.
BRIC is the community access television organization for the borough of Brooklyn. Our community media programs offer Brooklyn residents the opportunity to air programming on four cable television channels, free access to media production equipment and facilities, and low-cost media education classes. On our channels and web site, we air community-produced Brooklyn Free Speech TV, as well as Brooklyn Independent Media, programming focused on Brooklyn and produced in-house by BRIC.
Purpose of Position: The Partnerships Manager assists in managing partner relationships, including fielding and prioritizing incoming requests, with a focus on acquiring content for BRIC’s broadcast and digital platforms.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Associate Director, Partnerships to develop and maintain strong relationships with key community partners; manage day to day partnership activities and advocate internally on behalf of our partners.
- Identify and collaborate with partner organizations to obtain video content for BRIC’s network, ensuring a consistent quality standard for content provided by media partners; assist with technical requirements for export initially focusing on the following verticals:
- Oversee written agreements for acquired partnership content, co-productions and distribution opportunities.
- Create regular metric reports (external and internal) for acquired content and partner performance.
- Assist with other partnership projects, including BRIC’s non-profit grant program and Free Speech Services at external partner sites.
- Liaise with BRIC’s marketing team on opportunities to promote acquired content and partnerships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hyperlocal (Brooklyn)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven track record of managing content creation and/or distribution
- Excellent written communication and strong editing skills
- Experience of managing multiple projects across numerous stakeholders
- Sound judgment and ability to problem solve
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with team members
- Experience with a non-profit, educational or community engagement environment.
- Experience in broadcast media or new media with knowledge of film and/or online video.
- Ability to negotiate agreements, interpret legal documents, and work with attorneys to complete agreements.
- Strong communication and organizational skills and strong ability to comfortably interface with all levels of management and to communicate cross-functionally in a structured and clear manner.
- Production and/or graphic design experience a plus.
Compensation & Schedule
This is a full-time position with starting salary of $48,000-$55,000 depending on experience.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Partnerships Manager. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. No phone calls. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: Various Openings at CreaTV
Location: San Jose, CA
San Jose Community Media Access Corporation (DBA “CreaTV San Jose”) is a non- profit 501(c)3 corporation that manages the public and education access operations in the City of San Jose. Public and Educational access channels are cablecast on Comcast in San Jose.
CreaTV is currently seeking:
POSITION AVAILABLE: Senior TV Production Manager (Technical Specialist)
Location: Okemos, MI
Meridian Charter Township is seeking a highly energetic, organized, and self-motivated individual to serve as the Senior Television Production Manager/Technical Specialist for the Communications Department serving Okemos, Haslett, and some East Lansing residents.
Under the direct supervision of the Communications Director, the Senior Television Production Manager will work with department staff to ensure the continued production of high-quality programming for Meridian Township. The successful candidate will serve as the primary technical specialist within the Communications Department, as well as an expert-level video producer in a wide variety of situations.
Click here for the full job description