Open Position: Production Supervisor
Employment Opportunity, KLTV, Longview Washington PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR. This is a full time 40 hour per week non-exempt position. Posting closes October 13th, 2017. Employment to commence prior to January 1st , 2018.
KLTV is the PEG (Public, Education and Government Access) provider for Cowlitz County Washington. We serve 113,000 residents with an expanding membership list, an active Board of Directors, excellent public support and four current Franchise Agreements. We own our own building located in downtown Longview Washington, less than one hour away from the base of Mount Saint Helen’s. Longview is an hour north of Portland Oregon and 3 hours south of Seattle Washington. A staff of seven is anxiously awaiting our next staff member. Our weather is temperate in the winter and breath taking in the spring, summer and fall. KLTV is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary, between $2,917.00 and $3,333.33 per month, medical benefits and unlimited growth opportunities. KLTV payroll is distributed on the 1st of every month. If this is your desired working environment, and you exceed the qualifications listed below, send your applications to:
1706 12th Avenue
Longview, WA 98632.
1. Supervises television and video production including video/audio, training and equipment maintenance. Concentrates on in-house studio production and will be required to supervise Electronic Field Production and/or our mobile truck productions.
2. Training and supervision of our expanding membership base is a large component of this position. Familiarity with the data base Facil would be considered a major asset.
3. Serves as first line of defense regarding equipment maintenance and repairs. Will also evaluate telecommunications purchasing plans as they pertain to in-house technological requirements. IP video transfer from local Council Chambers back to our station falls under this position.
4. Computer knowledge including Final Cut Pro, Bulletin Board message creation on Castus, Microsoft Office, and IP video transmission. FCP X certification would be consider a major asset.
5. Supervises volunteer production staff for video communications programs; plans, assigns, and evaluates work of volunteer membership.
6. Staff supervisor on productions contracted to KLTV.
7. Reports directly to the Executive Director. Responsible for the direct supervision of three other staff members, one in training, one in master control and one with our mobile production unit.
8. Any other duty as assigned by the Executive Director.
1. Possession of a bachelor’s degree in communications, TV production, or a related field, and three years of PEG experience.
2. Any combination of training, education, and experience that is equivalent to the employment standard listed above and that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
Additional Qualifications: Possession of a valid Driver’s License is required at time of appointment.
Knowledge of: operations, equipment, and issues involved in PEG Access television, principles of public relations and mass communications; print media practices; reporting methods and techniques; English grammar, spelling, punctuation, and syntax; computer graphics software applications
Ability to: develop, implement, and evaluate program plans, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures; prepare clear, concise, and effective written reports and verbal presentations; the ability to work un-supervised and to lead our growing membership base; resolve operational and procedural problems and conflicts; supervise, train, and evaluate volunteers; establish and maintain effective working relationships; speak effectively before individuals and groups; exercise independent judgment; demonstrate tact and diplomacy when representing KLTV; produce video programs.
Desirable Qualification: Knowledge of technical issues involved in PEG Access television and video programming. The successful candidate must process the ability to deal with the varying and ever changing technologies utilized by a flourishing PEG center. Training our membership is a responsibility of each and every KLTV’s staff member. A positive, friendly, outgoing and cheerful disposition is required in this key member service position.
Please include Production Supervisor in either your email subject line or on the outside of the envelope for United State Postal Service delivered applications. Telephone applications will not be accepted.