Open Position: Executive Director
Executive Director – Full Time, Permanent Position
LCTV is a 501(3)(c) nonprofit Public and Government community television station in the City of Lynn, Massachusetts. Our organization is driven by teamwork and ingenuity. Our staff offers members with thorough training in studio and field production. The LCTV goal is to provide members with access to training, equipment, and the opportunity to express themselves through broadcast media. In addition, we offer citizens and community leaders multiple platforms for news and insight in regard to Government information and the impacts being made with in the Lynn Community.
Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director serves as the chief executive of Lynn Community Televisions. Key duties of the Executive Director include:
• Expanding the vision for LCTV through development of future-focused services and technology that responds to the changing needs of the Lynn Community.
• Represent LCTV externally, communicating the organization’s vision to community leaders, residents, and elected officials alike.
• Implement and expand platform programs, member trainings, and services to meet the needs of Lynn residents and nonprofit organizations.
• Inspire the participation of LCTV Members and Lynn-based organizations in LCTV activities.
• Develop community relationships to foster support for LCTV platform programs and government programs.
• LCTV seeks a proven leader who is dedicated to providing access and resources to the Lynn Community that are underserved and underrepresented in traditional media. We seek a flexible person with sound judgment in decision making, who is also a big-picture thinker to drive a compelling vision for LCTV in the future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for all LCTV activities, including operations, procedures, preparation of staff reports, acquisition and maintenance of equipment and physical property. Identify, hire, and supervise, interns and staff personnel positions as needed.
• Monitor ongoing expenditures and receipts.
• Formulate and implement LCTV’s outreach, marketing and public information campaigns in line with the strategic brand identity to promote programming and other LCTV activities with the use of social media tools and other marketing resources.
• Serve as spokesperson for LCTV with governmental units, Lynn-based organization, non-profits, the public, and the LCTV Membership.
• Negotiate and assure compliance with all LCTV contracts, and assure that LCTV meets standards and reporting requirements imposed by funding sources.
• Advise the Board of Directors on applicable federal, state, local legislation, and assure that all operations comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
• Establish personnel policies, demonstrate fairness in dealings while maintaining a working relationship among staff members, and community members.
• Assure that staff receives appropriate training.
• Oversee all necessary program scheduling procedures.
• Oversee workshops, training sessions, and special projects.
• Expand, sustain, and administer LCTV’s platform programs and government programs.
• Work constantly to improve and enhance the services offered by LCTV, and evaluate its capacity to serve and meet the needs of Lynn residents and organizations.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of five (5) years of management or supervisory experience in the community media field, public administration, communications, nonprofit, or a related field, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the desired knowledge and skills. Must have achieved a senior level position in an organization or department.
• Extensive knowledge of or experience in the cable TV/community media field, including federal, state and local cable regulations, program production, operating rules, training, and related matters.
• Knowledge of PEG access and community media mission and all applicable laws.
• Shall have excellent public speaking and written communications skills, including the ability to initiate, develop, and maintain good relationships with people of all types.
• Be able to identify and solve long-range problems and issues with an understanding of financial management, public budget processes, fundraising, and financial development.
• Understand the design and implementation of control systems, nonprofit organization management, marketing/public relations, and human resource development.
• Demonstrates ability to develop and coordinate active outreach and training programs.
• Have strong production and editing skills at all stages, Mac literate preferable.
• Understand how to use Microsoft Office products, Final Cut X, professional and consumer grade digital video camera equipment. Experience with Broadcast Pix Switcher and Castus Broadcasting equipment is a plus.
• Be committed to a 9:00am to 5:00pm work day Monday through Friday with the potential of working weekends when needed.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle. This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards for the position. Anticipated Employment Starting Date: TBD Starting Salary: Will be appropriate for a community media center of this size in this location, based upon the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Interested Candidates: By Friday September 8th, 2017 – SUBMIT ALL OF THE FOLLOWING: a cover letter addressed to Robert Tucker, a resume, three professional references with contact information listed for each, and an online link to a demo reel to (email@example.com) Benefits Package: Health Insurance: 70% covered by LCTV and 30% covered by employee. Dental Insurance: 50% covered by LCTV and 50% covered by employee. PTO: Paid time off is offered by way of certain holidays and a number of personal days predetermined by the Board of LCTV.