Open Position: Production Assistant
Are you excited about civic engagement and the community you live in? Are you interested in creating media for local television and the internet? If so, we have an opportunity for you.
High Five Access Media – Vail, Avon and Eagle County’s nonprofit, grassroots community access television station in the heart of Colorado ski country – is seeking applicants for a full time production assistant to provide video coverage of several government meetings, community events and in-house productions, as well as building our television programming schedule. This position is supervised by the Production Coordinator.
Applicants must be reliable, flexible and willing to work nights and some weekends and holidays.
- Live multi-camera switcher production, and single-camera coverage of government proceedings
- Editing of government proceedings and encoding of video for cablecast and video on demand
- Scheduling of video programming for cablecast and webcast
- Assist as crew for multi-camera event production
- Assist Production Coordinator with production of events, promotional videos and other projects
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Strong interest in community media
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills, capacity to troubleshoot, and provide technical solutions
- Position requires evening and some weekend and holiday work hours
- Valid driver’s license and insurance; must provide own transportation
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in media, film, communications, journalism or equivalent
- One or more years of experience in media preferred
- Demonstrated field, studio and post production knowledge and skills
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects, knowledgeable in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in operation of Mac and PC
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledgeable in Google Apps, such as Drive, Sheets, Gmail, etc.
Salary commensurate with experience. Health stipend, ski pass, and other benefits. Mileage from studio to production sites reimbursed.
Send resume, links to work samples and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please answer the following questions: 1. Why are you interested in the position? 2. What qualities do you possess that will make you successful in this position?
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. Please, no phone calls.