Open Position: Station Manager – CTV
|Station Manager – CTV
Apply online at http://www.kingcounty.gov/jobs
King County is committed to equity and diversity in the workplace. In addition, the county is committed to recruiting and maintaining a quality workforce that shares our guiding principles: collaborative, service-oriented, results-focused, accountable, innovative, professional and fair and just.
OPENING DATE/TIME: 01/02/19 12:00 AM (GMT -8:00)
CLOSING DATE/TIME: 01/25/19 11:59 PM (GMT -8:00)
|SALARY: $96,057.08 – $129,186.07 Annually|
LOCATION: King County Courthouse – 516 3rd Ave, Seattle
JOB TYPE: Appointed
DIVISION: King County Council
JOB NUMBER: 2018-09121
King County Television (KCTV) is seeking an innovative and creative leader to manage the KCTV team and ensure broadcasts, video communications needs and obligations of the County and are consistent with the Council and County’s vision for Equity and Social Justice. The KCTV Station Manager provides direct production services, plans, organizes, conceptualizes, and supervises the operations of KCTV.
KCTV is an award-winning municipal television station that reflects, informs, and inspires the community it serves with a local mix of news, analysis, stories and perspectives you won’t find anywhere else. The ideal candidate will be a practiced manager, technically skilled and well versed delivering live and scheduled broadcasts.
The most competitive candidates will have experience with television broadcast technology, techniques, procedures and equipment. Successful candidates are passionate about providing quality broadcasts to citizens of King County; are creative and intellectually curious; have strong problem solving and communication skills; and work well in team environments.
KCTV is committed to upholding and promoting equal opportunity in employment. KCTV and the King County Council encourage people of all backgrounds, cultures and religions to apply, including veterans, people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ and people with disabilities. We value diversity and strive to hire a workforce that reflects the community we serve. We believe a diverse workforce is a strong workforce.
MEET THE KING COUNTY TELEVISON:
KCTV produces original programming on County issues and services and provides transparency into the proceedings of the Metropolitan King County Council and the regional committees that advise the Council, as well as the regional boards on which members sit such as Regional Transit and the King County Board of Health. KCTV operates as an independent office within the legislative branch of King County government. For more information about the KCTV please visit: King County TV – King County
In order to be considered for this opportunity, applicants at a MINIMUM must demonstrate skill and ability to:
- Set long-term strategy and project priorities; structure and track the work plans and day-to-day operations of the team.
- Support team members in achieving the goals and vision for KCTV,
- Ensure quality broadcasts, scheduled productions have adequate crews and troubleshoots problems.
- Research new equipment, evaluates existing equipment, and recommends upgrades and/or modifications.
- Analyze, develop, and propose annual operating and purchase budgets; administers budgets and prepares periodic performance reports.
- Provide direct production services and technical expertise when needed.
- Establish schedules of upcoming meetings, events, and other productions; assigns coverage of news conferences, forums and other events.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Posses any combination of education and professional-level experience involving media production, communications, broadcasting, or related capacity that clearly demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, including a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
- Have experience working in organizations dedicated to achieving equity and social justice, especially those that directly involve and provided services to members of under-represented communities.
- Have excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to collaborative team work, superior customer service, and successful delivery of government communications programs.
- Have a deep knowledge of, and the ability to interpret and apply, relevant state and federal legislation and licenses required for government broadcasting.
- Be flexible and adapt as required, while working in a multi-faceted and sometimes ambiguous environment.
|COMPENSATION & HOW TO APPLY:
This position is open to all qualified candidates. The KCTV Station Manager is a salaried, overtime exempt benefitted position. This position reports directly to the Director of Communication but is responsive to all nine Councilmembers. The annual salary range for this position is $96,057.08 – $129,186.07 (DOQ) and includes an innovative and award winning employer with paid medical, dental and vision insurance as well as a generous vacation and leave program. To see all of King County’s benefits, please visit our website at: Benefits, Payroll and https://www.kingcounty.gov/audience/employees/benefits.aspxHOW TO APPLY:
A King County application is required to be considered for this opportunity. Interested applicants must submit:
A complete job description can be downloaded by going to:http://kctv%20station%20manager/
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity to join County government, please contact Tracy Calderon at 206-477-0979 or email@example.com.