Open Position: Membership and Outreach Coordinator
Montgomery Community Media
This is a high-level customer service position responsible for the coordination, facilitation and implementation of membership services and initiatives for Montgomery Community Media. Job duties include creating and maintaining a vibrant volunteer community through the coordination of programming; outreach activities to community stakeholders, multimedia production education, consultation and supervision. Works as part of the Education and Community Engagement team.
- Develops and implements membership recruitment and retention strategies and targets
- Organizes outreach activities in the community to ensure a diverse volunteer base, via public presentations, direct one-on-one contact and other alternative methods.
- Lead the coordination, planning and implementation of open forums and other member engagement events; data collection and assessment
- Provide customer service to facilitate member productions to ensure quality content creation, including coordination of production resources and assisting in the use of production equipment and facilities.
- Coordinate and facilitate volunteer services to obtain and maintain a large pool of diverse and active volunteers, including placement, referral, recognition and nurturing of volunteer base.
- Supply continuous assessment of volunteer needs and develop action plan to ensure they are able to access the service options available and are production literate.
- Provide consultation and instruction to volunteers in the development of their production plan(s)/treatment(s) to ensure a well-coordinated production, including follow-up critiques to improve future productions and identify future needs.
- Provide basic instruction in all areas of Access Montgomery’s electronic communication and production services, including computer operation, accessing on-line services, software application, producer education in field, studio and EFP production and pre and post-production.
- In conjunction with Technical staff, assist in the supervision and use of production equipment and facilities, including the safe and efficient use of resources.
- Assist in the coordination and scheduling of programs for distribution via MCM’s cable channels, or web outlets, including program intake/processing, data input, library maintenance, technical screening and inventory control. Ensure proper coordination of programs via pro-active communications with clients and staff.
- Coordinate staffing to ensure volunteer production specifications are met. Work closely with others as a team member in the development and implementation of volunteer services including incentives to keep volunteers active.
- Serve in a Producer capacity on joint projects as necessary.
- Develop and maintain data reports relating to production, programming, equipment utilization, outreach and overall volunteer services.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in Communications, Film & Television Production, Marketing or Media-related discipline.
- Five years experience in the coordination, planning and delivery of media projects.
- Five years experience in the video production field with training or instructional responsibilities.
- Five years experience in volunteer coordination and/or membership management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; presentation and marketing skills
- Strong commitment to excellent customer service and the ability to work well as a team member in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to work independently, requiring minimal supervision.
- Analytical skills to identify, assess, review data and information to independently develop/apply/resolve critical issues, project needs, prioritization and problem solving.
- Experience with multimedia content production techniques, including field and studio production, post production software (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X) Microsoft Office applications (Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) basic project management and customer services skills
- Knowledge of electronic communications and emerging digital communications technologies
- Ability to train and transfer knowledge to others with varying learning needs.
- Associate’s degree in communications. Adequate work experience may substitute for education.
- Demonstrated experience in the creative and technical sides of television video productions in the field, studio and post production.
- Demonstrated experience working with students and volunteers in video production.
- At least three years previous experience in membership services, or customer/volunteer service, and project/program coordination and/or management.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends and weekdays, on rotating/irregular work shifts.
- Clean driving record and valid MD Driver’s License. Ability to provide own transportation to attend meetings and events away from the office. (mileage reimbursed).
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.