Open Position: Multimedia Education Coordinator
Montgomery Community Media
This position coordinates and teaches MCM workshops including but not limited to multimedia content creation, field and studio production classes; coordinate and administer certification exams; supervise, train and schedule teaching assistants; maintain student records; develop class materials; assist with cable productions and special events. Ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver who can generate new training opportunities that align with the constant technological advances in the field of content creation.
- Creates, coordinates and manages teaching of classes and workshops.
- In collaboration with staff and other stakeholders, designs and implements direct services to MCM’s clients including members, volunteers, fee-for-services, grant projects, strategic partners and creative services.
- Assist with coordination and production of MCM-supervised programs.
- Assist in development and implementation of activities and programs to increase volunteer participation and production.
- Facilitate networking and provide opportunities for members and community stakeholders to interact in such a way which complements each individual’s capabilities and skills.
- Input volunteer and program data information in database.
- In collaboration with the Production Manager, create training workshops and opportunities for production technicians.
- Oversees the interface between production resources/services and individuals and groups. Ensures user support is continuously improved for all levels of production skills and knowledge and facilitates a seamless interface with the Technical & Network Department.
- Assumes other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film & Television Production, Education or Media-related discipline.
- Five years video production teaching experience.
- Two years experience in field and studio television/video production leadership roles.
- Two years experience teaching and motivating volunteers
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills to convey information to members, staff and community
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously in an organized manner.
- Ability to assist and teach community members in all stages of production.
- Training experience, sensitivity, patience and a sense of humor in working with community volunteers.
- Ability to assess member needs and develop supportive concepts, strategies and services.
- Experience with multimedia content production techniques, including field and studio production, post production software (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X) Microsoft Office applications (Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) basic project management and customer services skills
- Associate’s degree in Communications. Adequate work experience may be substituted where appropriate.
- Demonstrated experience in various field and studio video productions
- Demonstrated teaching experience within multimedia/content creation discipline
- Demonstrated ability to develop, lead and motivate staff and volunteers
- Demonstrated experience in developing customer service focused relationships that create an effective team environment.
- Solid experience in coordinating media training or production services, production consultation, and understanding of production logistics.
- Working knowledge and experience in a variety of video production environments, equipment and/or systems, and Mac-based applications and tools.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and experience to develop and plan multiple projects, priorities and assignments that implement direct services to a very diverse customer base.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate and work with the community including individuals with varying levels of ability and understanding of PEG access and television production.
- Clean driving record and valid MD Driver’s License. Ability to provide own transportation to attend meetings and events away from the office.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.