Open Position: Director of Development
Montgomery Community Media
Reporting to and in partnership with the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Development (DoD) will strategize and execute development efforts as MCM continues to grow.
- Develop and execute MCM’s annual fundraising plan.
- Create a strategy for year-over-year growth of philanthropic funds.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations via in-person asks; sponsorships and/or partnerships; email and social media campaigns; and direct mail.
- Advise CEO on all matters important to fundraising and relationship building.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors and grantors.
- Responsible for grants management including application submissions and reporting.
- Create and manage revenue generation programs, such as corporate underwriting, related to content on MCM media channels.
- Take responsibility for the success and management of special events, including annual EPIC Awards.
- Recruit and coordinate with other nonprofits to increase project values and enhance community partnerships.
- Oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing tracking and reporting.
- Create and execute a donor stewardship program.
- Responsible for regular planning, development and administration of departmental budget including revenue and expense. This includes monthly review of financial statements, monitoring on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Work with production team and content staff, to coordinate events and programs in a television studio environment.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications Director of Development
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- 3 to 5 years experience in development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Knowledge of fundraising tracking software and systems.
- 2 years nonprofit development/fundraising experience
- Demonstrated development/fundraising successes in the region
- Knowledge of local philanthropic landscape, opportunities and contacts