Open Position: Production Manager
Brattleboro Community Television
230 Main Street, #201 Brattleboro, VT 05301 Ph (802) 257-0888
Full-time permanent position
Hours: 40 per week
Salary: $35-39,000 – Commensurate with experience
Deadline to apply: Friday, April 13 at 5 PM
Preferred start date: May 1, 2018
Contact: Cor Trowbridge, Executive Director
Brattleboro Community Television, a community media station in the heart of southern Vermont, has a full-time opening for a Production Manager. BCTV is like other ‘public access’ stations in that we are a reflection of the communities we serve: seven democracy-minded hill towns surrounding the artsy hub of Brattleboro. The small but dedicated staff and volunteer corps produce 1200 hours of programming and 1500 new local shows per year, as much as many larger stations, winning national awards every year. The person who joins our jolly, hard-working crew will have the hard skills to keep our technical systems running smoothly, along with the people skills to help others achieve their vision.
● Supervise the production of BCTV programs from planning to distribution, including in-house, studio, field, recorded and live programs. Staff and interns help get the job done.
● Train and support staff and volunteer producers to use BCTV’s production, post-production and studio equipment to create local programming.
● Manage BCTV’s broadcast headend, equipment, and facilities.
● Purchase and maintain video production equipment.
● Expertise in producing and managing video productions.
● High level of expertise and experience in video editing with Adobe Premiere and related
● Ability to train and support editors at various levels of proficiency on Mac and PC platforms.
● Technical proficiency with IT systems fundamentals.
● Flexibility to find and adapt to new systems and technologies that help BCTV serve the community.
● Audio production skills.
● Graphic design skills.
● Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and problem-solving capacity.
● Excellent interpersonal skills for assisting a wide range of personality types and technical abilities.
● Commitment to community media and the principles of Free Speech.
● Pertinent education and/or at least 3 years of work experience.
● Ability to lift and carry items weighing at least 30 pounds, and climb stairs.
● Some nights and weekends.
● Available by cell phone.
● Current office hours for this position are 10 am – 6 pm with 8 am news show coverage 1x/week.
● Driver’s license and reliable car.
● Paid vacation, sick days and holidays.
● Health and dental insurance.
Brattleboro Community Television is a community media center serving eight towns in southern Windham County, Vermont. Our mission is to promote civic engagement and transparency, and to empower community members to share their knowledge, views and creativity, without prejudice. As the one and only television outlet for the area, BCTV covers municipal government meetings, educational matters, and documents local events and activities. BCTV also provides equipment and training that allows community members to create content, reaching viewers on cable channels 8 and 10 and at brattleborotv.org.