Open Position: Creative Production Coordinator (Full Time, 59th Street)
MNN’s Creative Production Coordinator will create on-air graphics that convey the MNN brand and will shoot and edit promotional media that helps MNN effectively communicate its desired message to different stakeholders on various media platforms. The Creative Production Coordinator reports to MNN’s Managing Director of Access Services.
- Create on-air branding elements and interstitials for MNN channels and digital marketing materials
- Create graphic templates to be used in the creation of media promos and programs
- Work with community to create promos for community created programming
- Act as a resource for Community Producers to create their own promos by acting as a mentor and by holding branding and promo workshops for the MNN community of media makers
- Create promos for MNN initiatives, and programs
- Create MNN “spots” for cable providers
- Assist in the production of MNN facilitated programs
- Create packages for MNN in-house programming
- Upload media to on-air and digital platforms
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 3+ years experience and the proven ability to create electronic media graphics, ads and promos and program packages.
- Bachelors degree in graphics, television/media creation or related field
- Advanced knowledge of media applications like Adobe Creative Suite; In-design; and others that lead to the successful creation of media elements
- Excellent knowledge of Mac based computer platform
- Strong media management skills
- Must be detail oriented and analytical, including good prioritization and organizing skills
- Very strong communication and time management skills required
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience in dealing with diverse public, non profit or community organizations
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
We are accepting applicants on a rolling basis. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please address the following question: How do you think your skills can benefit a community media organization? We will only consider complete applications.
Due to the volume of applications, MNN may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. No phone calls please. MNN will contact selected candidates for interviews on a rolling basis.
Founded in 1992, Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) is Manhattan’s free, public access cable network. We operate two media production and education facilities in Manhattan and run four cablecast channels (Community, Lifestyle, Spirit, and Culture), reaching 620,000 cable subscribers in the borough.
MNN offers free training in video production, editing, and broadcasting to Manhattan residents who wish to become Certified Producers with MNN.
We actively strive to empower Manhattan residents to exercise their First Amendment rights in an open, uncensored, and equitable forum.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.